Alcohol Ink Artist and Instructor
Korinne is a fearless alcohol ink and mixed-media artist who loves to experiment and encourages the same in art classes with her students.
At an early age, Korinne discovered that creative expression was part her life and delighted in the textures, colors and shapes in nature. She turned to art as an outlet for stress, about 10 years ago, while working as a human resources leader in the hospital and healthcare industry. It worked. The only thing now that may be better than letting her imagination soar in front of a canvas is teaching others to do the same and seeing them relax, explore and let go.
Korinne’s path to teaching art
- I am, for the most part, self-taught: art books, YouTube and online classes.
- Working in acrylics and creating mixed-media pieces were my first loves.
- I discovered alcohol inks via Facebook posts by Karen Walker and June Rollins, and signed up for their online courses.
- Others who I have studied with and have impacted my artistic career in inks: Sheryl Williams, Sandy Sandy, Alexis Bonavitacola, Francine Dufour, Sharen AK Harris and Terri Jones, to name a few.
- With inks as my main medium, I still use acrylics and now, encaustics and Pebeo – incorporating them with ink in mixed-media pieces.